Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday!

A big day has passed I supposed and as such I found it fitting to return to my usual blogging which I've neglected. Yesterday was my birthday, in which was filled with games and just purely hanging out with the best of friends. I turned 18 and since that is legal age here, drank a little; however I honestly find that drinking isn't the biggest thing about turning legal. I've been to a lot of parties and drank underage a decent amount already; the main difference is only obvious when you actually become legal.

The main reason it was so different was the company and location played a large role as well. Honestly this was the first time I've ever had that relaxed experience. Ever been to a lounge? I do believe that prior with all my party drinking and such, nothing could of compared to the experience of just chatting, relaxing, drinking, and sharing a plate of oversized nachos. It was pretty cool, while originally planning to take my party to the bar; I decided against it later as I do have my entire life to experience that. Hahaha, the only part I didn't experience was the one where should ID me. I look like I'm 16 sometimes.

Beyond that it was really the only "adult" thing I did, I'm just too comfortable with my life as it stands right now. We paraded for the first time around the CrossIron Mills mall, and I was pleasantly finding myself pleased with the selection of shops. Everything was there, and we had all the time in the world to go to any shops we wanted to. We tried some wonderful burgers for lunch and shopped at multiple stores. I found my new clothing style (sorry wallet) which I'll update accordingly soon; and I also found what I would look like if I went to a pretentious private school. I wouldn't deny that I look alright, but I'm just so not used to it. Also my suit size increased by a lot hahaha, so it was all ridiculously uncomfortable.

On another page, I ventured for the first time last Wednesday to TubbyDog's, a hot dog restaurant in Uptown Calgary which specializes in unorthadox but incredibly delicious hot dogs. What made that night special was honestly the fact that TubbyDog hosted a fight night every wednesday for the fighting game community. By far, no joke there is some serious talent; I found people who are among the best in the country. There was also a lot more people than I had expected. The fighting game community has rapidly expanded since its revival with Street Fighter 4, with the last Canada Cup tournament with an attendance of 500 people and the expected doubled amount for this year. On the biggest note, the fight night sealed my decision on Marvel vs. Capcom 3; it was there to play a week early. And, upon playing it; was quite literally the best experience I've ever had playing a game immediately. What it might lack in the tactile metagame of street fighter it makes up for in sheer fun.

Next on the list of things to do is to prepare for Anna's party, she forced herself to have the party on a weekday for some odd reason instead of the weekend before and was about to cancel before I convinced her not to. Either way, its going to be another giant gaming bash followed by a night at the bar. Which I might attend, or not as I might not feel like it.

I do dislike posting this infrequently as I like to ramble on about certain things forever. But still. I'll try to remain constant hahaha, as to keep the posts shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment