Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Things are finally looking up

Hey, first personal blog in a LONG while. Now that you guys are all caught up on the drama starring me, its kinda time to go back to those in-school dramas I love so much. If I haven't said it before, I LOVE drama and I don't mean the acting class (I remember saying that... maybe I did post it before).

Over the past week I've been constantly breaking down school. What I need to do and if I could do it. Ms. Lalonde my old and trusted counsellor has left our school.. her permanent replacement had arrived and I met him last Wednesday. His name is Mr. Krassalt, he dresses very professionally and is very tall. Due to these qualities and my past experiences I started to doubt he would help me graduate. However... he did help me, we pieced together the ultimate plan. We found out the key thing wrong with my graduation.. CALM. You see, I took it as a 5 credit course when it naturally is a 3 credit course. So 2 units were modules and the other 3 represented the CALM marks. I just happened to fail one of those 3 required ones. So I'm short 3 credits, the three that I need to graduate. Mr. Chee our vice principle says he'll try to make it so I just have to redo the one unit I missed, instead of the entire course. Most importantly, I am back on the Grad List.

All that is left, is school. I've planned and planned and decided to go with the plan where I go without a plan. Get it? Basically, I realized (FINALLY) that my 'planning' is in fact the reason I never complete anything. I think too much about the future, and end up chillaxing like I did a years worth of work. So I plan day to day now, using that dead time in the morning when I try to find energy to get up. Basically, i'm in catch-up mode. I have 3 classes this semester; ComTech, Physics 30, English 30 AP. So i'm going to list the assignments I have to catch up on as of last week. I'm going to put it in spoiler tags so if you actually want to see the list (because you want to laugh at me, or you're just weird) click the button...

**SKIP IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ** :

English 30 AP
3 multiple choice diploma exam mock tests
2 poetry responses
5 short story essays
Read "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad
Read "Things Fall Apart" by Chinua Achebe
Study for the AP exam
Physics 30
Notes for 2.1 - 2.3
Notes for 3.1 - 3.6
Assignments for 3.1 - 3.6
Module A exam (1.1 - 2.3)
Communication Technologies : Animation/Video Advanced
Children's Festival Print Design
Children's Festival Commercial
Children's Festival Radio Commercial
Silent Movie Poster
Silent Movie Billboard Ad
Silent Movie DVD Cover
Silent Movie Storyboard
Silent Movie Film
Tattoo design
Opening Credits Sequence Video
Grad Video
Compose soundtrack for "Passion"
Compose soundtrack for the movie I'm responsible for
Oversee all movies
Write script for my movie
Hold Auditions for my movie
Film my movie
Edit ALL movies

Last but not least... CRY
Okaay, that was a treat. You might of noticed the Grad Video that I never mentioned. Well let me tell you how I got to be one of the head honchos running the show. A few months ago, I was sick during the time when the Grad Video committee had been created. A fellow student of mine figured that I would want to help, so he marked my name down. So I was basically forced. I can see why, I'm the most skilled student there. I'm the best designer, best editor, best director, and hands down the best photo editor. But I was forced. Damn.

Besides being forced into the committee (have I mentioned that enough yet?), I also apparently and suddenly became a premier director/scriptwriter. What the f*ck. So not only was I forced into the committee (apparently I feel that I have not expressed this fact adequately) but now I was forced (if I hear the word force one more time...) to actually come up with a whole movie WHILE managing the other 6?

Well, I took on the challenge. Due to my late entry and my utter laziness I have come up with nothing while everyone else was already good to go. Help, thats what I need. I spoke to a certain leggy blonde by the name of Heather to help me on this super awesome movie, and of course why would I ever leave out Anna? So they're coming up with the concept, I'll write the script. I guess we'll see what they have tomorrow.

Right now that is basically all that is on my mind... well except maybe the fiendish AP exam. It's in little under a month, early may... 1 hour for a multiple choice exam.. oh but thats not all, if I get an answer wrong they actually SUBTRACT a bit from my final score. Okay now on to the SECOND part. We all know this is the essay part. As us Albertans know the diploma exam is multiple choice + 1 essay. The AP exam however, is sadistic. THREE, yes THREE essays need to be written in a 2 hour time limit. What the fuck. I'm going to dunk my head into water now. Till tomorrow! C'ya all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment